Search This Blog

Saturday 8 October 2016

Partially Lucky Dip

I was in Dublin for a couple of days earlier in the week, and managed to find time for a quick trawl in some of the charity shops as well as a visit to the always excellent Freebird Records. I picked up a few goodies that will no doubt find their way onto here in due course.

One of the charity shops was selling CDs that had lost their cases and covers. At 50 cents each I thought it thought it was worth trying a lucky dip, so I bought two that had no information of any sort on the CD, just fancy artwork.

The first turned out to be "Body Riddles" by Clark, released in 2006 - not my cup of tea at all, but it may appeal to those of you who like that sort of thing. The second was much better - 2002's "Lost Horizons" by Lemon Jelly. It includes their hit "Nice Weather For Ducks", which I have always liked, and there are a couple of other decent tracks in a similar vein. I doubt I'll listen to it all the way through very often though.

"Ted" - Clark

"Ramblin' Man" - Lemon Jelly

For the avoidance of any doubt, that "Ramblin' Man" is not this "Ramblin' Man":

No comments:

Post a Comment