Search This Blog

Saturday 5 March 2016

Old Pals Act

A couple of old pals of ours have new albums out this month. I can heartily recommend both of them, but I am a bit biased.

First up is demented German bluesman Dad Horse Experience, for whom I once flew back from Romania in order to see him perform in our local pub. His new album, the snappily titled "Eating Meatballs on a Blood-Stained Mattress in a Huggy Bear Motel" is awash with the usual demented German blues. As always there is plenty of death and depravity. No dogs this time, but there are swine and bears. And fish.

Pierce Turner's album has a relatively succinct title - "Love Can't Always Be Articulate". Based on the first couple of listens I would say it is as good an album as he has ever made. Which I'm extra pleased about as I was one of those who pledged money to help him get it made.

I have chosen the track "He Gets Gone" as it was a YouTube clip of Pierce explaining the story behind the song that led me to contact Pierce with a request that led in turn to the clip below. Pierce can tell you the story much better than I can (though not necessarily more accurately).

"Little White Fish" - Dad Horse Experience

"He Gets Gone" - Pierce Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment