Search This Blog

Saturday 3 January 2015

The General Speaks

We start the new year with an old favourite. It has been a while since we have heard from General Muzka, the erstwhile Prince of Tsonga Disco (Papa Penny will always be the King as far as I am concerned). Here are a couple of tracks from his "Tiwili" album.

"Lexingaherikixa Hlola" - General Muzka

"R20,000 For Lobolla" - General Muzka

"Lobolla" is the term given to the dowry paid by a bridegroom to his bride's family. In the old days it used to be paid in cattle; these days most families find cash rather more useful. The General complains about the going rate of 20,000 rand, which at current exchange rates is about £1200. Call me a romantic old fool but that strikes me as an absolute bargain for the right lady.

1 comment:

  1. £1200 is not bad. My wife was "worth cows" when she was born, as my father-in-law was told by a neighbouring farmer.....

    ReplyDelete