Search This Blog

Thursday 22 January 2015

Ernie's In Love

Don't panic, folks, it's probably not you. Unless you happen to be Dr Andrea Hill (the former Andrea Carroll), in which I have an urgent need to tell you that I love you madly and your "Doolang" is my new favourite song of all time, at least until the weekend.

I am sure I am not the first to fall for Andrea because of this song. After all, what man could resist a lady sidling up to them and whispering in their ear the magic words "Hey, Daddy Cool, come and meet me after school and do the doolang".

In an attempt to keep things respectable, I have added a couple of other cracking tunes from "Girls, Girls, Girls Volume 1", the 7 CD compilation on which I discovered Andrea. Check it out.

"Doolang" - Andrea Carroll

"Itty Bitty Heart" - Johnnie Mae Matthews

"Hi Diddle De Diddle" - Cathy & Cookie

"Doolang" is, of course, inspired by "He's So Fine" by The Chiffons. I couldn't find any clips on YouTube of them doing that back when it was first a hit, but this is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment