Search This Blog

Friday 16 March 2012

Covering The World

I was out with a couple of friends last night and the talk turned to unusual cover versions we have known and loved. When I trumped their efforts with the Thai rendition of Boney M's 'Rasputin' they foolishly asked me to put together a collection for them.

If you want the full collection click on this for the link. Many of the songs have featured here before. Here are three that haven't (as best I can remember): a bunch of Italians tackling 'Simon Says'; a marching band doing a surprisingly fine version of 'All Right Now'; and the pick of the bunch, a Dylan impersonator interpreting Dr Seuss in the style of 'Highway 61 Revisited'. 

"Il Ballo Di Simone" - Guiliano & I Notturni

"All Right Now" - The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band

"Green Eggs And Ham" - Dylan Hears A Who

And if, after that last one, you are saying to yourself "How ridiculous! Bob Dylan would never stoop to covering kid's stuff", then you clearly have never seen this:

1 comment:

  1. I will second any Leland Stanford Junior U's cover versions. Their rendition of "White Punks On Dope" may be one of the best ever done.

    ReplyDelete