Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Bunny's Boiling!

It has been a while since I posted some reggae up here so I thought it was time to put that right.

I don't want to seem needlessly contrary or controversial but as good as Bob Marley was he is probably my least favourite of the three original Wailers. I am more likely to dig out Peter Tosh's "Legalise It" or "Bush Doctor", for example, than any of Bob's albums - with the possible exception of "Survival".

But if I had to choose one Wailer I would probably plump for Bunny Wailer. He has a great legacy and, having the considerable advantage over the other two of being alive, is still adding to it. His 1977 "Protest" album is one of my favourite albums of all time, and 1989's "Liberation" is not too far behind. Today's selections come from "Liberation":

"Botha The Mosquito"

"Bald Head Jesus"

Although rightly best known as a roots man, Bunny can be a bit of a party dude as well when he is in the mood. This is one of his:

2 comments:

  1. Bob is the KING !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well technically Elvis is the King but I see your point. Can we agree that they are all royalty?

    ReplyDelete